Copyright © 2014: Manila Retina Specialists All Rights Reserved
A Subspecialty Clinic whose focus is mainly disorders of the Retina, including Diabetic Retinopathy, Retinal Detachment, Age Related Macular Degeneration, and Retinal Vascular Occlusive Diseases.
Manila Retina Specialists was formed by Dr. Roberto Uy in 1995 when he came back from fellowship training in the United States, in order to serve the needs of the country for certified Retina Specialists. At that time, there were only a handful of certified Retina doctors in the country. Hence, the need to form an Eye Clinic whose main focus is the Retina.
Being privileged in being able to study in the most advanced eye institutes in the country as well as abroad, it aims to provide state of the art Retina Surgery, and make it available to the people who need it most. One of its aims is also to educate patients, and the public with regards to Retinal Diseases, which have devastating consequences, especially if discovered late.
Roberto N. Uy, MD
Dr. Uy obtained his undergraduate and graduate degree from the University of Santo Tomas. He proceeded to specialize in Ophthalmology at the same Hospital, after which he was granted 2 Full Clinical Fellowships in Neuro-Ophthalmology at the University of Texas Houston, and Retina and Vitreous Surgery at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas, USA.
Aside from his clinical practice, he teaches medical students at the 3rd and 4th year level at UST. He also helps train Ophthalmology Residents and Fellows in Retina Surgery at the same University Hospital. He also serves as Consultant at PerfectSight, Inc, whose aim is to develop a world class Cataract and Retina Ambulatory Surgical Center.
When not at work he enjoys travelling with his family. He also enjoys playing tennis.
- Philippine Board of Medicine License (7th Place)
- EFCFMG Certified
- Fellow, Philippine Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- VitreoRetina Surgery Society of the Philippines
- Neuro-Ophthalmology Society of the Philippines
- Doctor of Medicine, Cum Laude
University of Santo Tomas
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, Magna Cum Laude
University of Santo Tomas
- Ophthalmology Residency University of Santo Tomas
- Clinical Neuro-Ophthalmology Fellowship
University of Texas Hermann Eye Center, Houston, Texas, USA
- Clinical Fellowship Retina and Vitreous Surgery
Texas tech University , Texas, USA
- University of Sto. Tomas Hospital
- Chinese General Hospital and Medical Center
- Hospital of Infant Jesus
- PerfectSight Eye Center
SM North EDSA, NorthLink Bldg (Above 711)